Miss Scarlett
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
For years, YEARS I tell you, I have been reading in fashion magazines, classy or not, that "Oooh! The 40's are back in this year!" Getting me all excited to spend my money, only to see in the months following barely a hint of such garments anywhere in mainstream shops. (The only way I decide whether things are officially a "trend" or not)
Take this summer for instance- NADA.
All I ever saw were those dreadful tacky smock tops. Apologies to those who like them, but honestly, WHY? They give you absolutely NO shape, and made millions over the country look like they were flat chested and about to give birth, even if they were well endowed. No offence to the smaller of us ladies out there, but to put it frankly, shouldn't 'those who've got it, flaunt it?' I just wanted to run out and put belts around all their waists. And none of this sitting on the hips, the whole point is to accentuate the SMALLEST part of your body and not the biggest.

Anyhoo, enough of my rants about current fashion, the main reason for this topic is that, actually, for the first time...the rags got it right. I am happy. This Autumn, the prim yet strangely alluring style of the wartime women is back in town, and I have been celebrating in style- trench coats, pencil skirts, berets, heels (hurrah!), stockings... the list goes on!

And so here, a perfect 40's outfit, as a gift from me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Satin= trés in right now, vintage or not, and this blouse would look great tucked into that skirt below. Even though it has it's own belt, I thought the white one would make it pop! Also, I saw this oat on the website, and instantly fell in love with it, Pricey, but so beautiful in the way it gently flares out giving the hourglass shape.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I didn't want to give you an all black outfit, so went for this. I tried this on in the shop during my lunch break, and it looks and feels gorgeous. I also bought some shows from New Look similar to the ones pictured above in patent white, but they don't seem to be on the website unfortunately. I'm sure they are in stores most places though.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A dew finishing touches to the outfit. The hat is very cute, and brown goes amazingly well with navy.

Shirt: £25.00 Topshop
Belt: £30.00 Topshop
Coat: £150 Topshop
Pencil Skirt: £20.00 Topshop
Shoes: £25.00 New Look
Beret: £12.00 Miss Selfridge
Gloves £15 Monsoon




As for jewellery? Pearls dahling are classy, timeless and so feminine. If you're looking for something a bit different perhaps a locket of you beau who's fighting in the war? (Or sitting on the couch whilst you're reading this. ;) )


Enjoy the cold!
Miss Scarlett x



Pictures from:
Topshop

Monsoon

Miss Selfrige

New Look


Labels:


Miss Scarlett at 1:05 PM |

0 Comments: