Miss Scarlett
Monday, December 10, 2007
Dear readers,
Good day to you all! I hope that this December is treating you wonderfully. Unfortunately where I live it is only on the very rare occasion that we get snow, but it's still cold enough to wear my winter outerwear, but more on that later.
As I am quite a sentimental woman, I like to think the "firsts" are quite important in one's life, and this blog should be no different, so I shall start with a review for one of my brands of all time.



If you are a Vintage Miss and you have no idea what I am talking about, you've either been living under a rock for the past 30 years or you don't use makeup. (Are there such creatures?)
So let me explain: Benefit Cosmetics (Originally known as 'The Face Place')was started by twins Jean and Jane Ford in 1976, offering to the masses quirky and fun products with names that made gals everywhere chuckle into their face powder compacts. Such products were their legendary Benetint and ooh la lift, still widely available today. The company was obviously a success, and Benefit ('Bene' in Italian means 'good' for those of you who want to know the reason for the name change,) today is a global company, selling numerous (award winning) products at relatively cheap prices (depending on where you are).

I discovered Benefit about five years ago on a trip to London, and read an editorial on their products in Elle on the train, and the day after I stopped at Harrods to take a look at the beauty counter. The lovely girl there offered me a free makeover, and since I was looking a little peaky after sightseeing, I said yes. Since then, I am hooked on their irresistible and funny (I ow own an eyeshadow by the name of 'My date's my brother!) lotions, potions and everything in between.


I own about 10 of their products, five of which I use in my everyday beauty routine and I highly recommend this brand, vintage lover or not. If you're looking for something to try, I suggest you give Benetint (pictured above) a try. It's a lip and cheek tint, and comes in a small bottle, smells delightfully of roses and lasts all day, no matter what. Don't believe all the others out there, THIS is the one that's "kissproof". And I know that for a fact. ;)



Benetint ($28.00 US, £22.50 UK) is available from Benefit Cosmetics

Labels:


Miss Scarlett at 1:58 PM |

0 Comments: